Wednesday, February 6, 2013

my girl.

        

Now that I've completely submerged myself in the YouTube mommy community (and totally loving it) I have put my blog on the back-burner.  But I still am passionate about writing; I still believe it to be extremely therapeutic for me.  This blog is like my diary and it has been with me through so many years now.  I want it to capture my life, in words.  And so I am coming back and I hope to stay that way!

I still can't believe I'm going to have my baby girl in 7-ish weeks.  Sometimes I still can't believe I'm pregnant!  From that very first positive pregnancy test (which completely took me off-guard) to feeling her kick and move around, there hasn't been a dull moment of this pregnancy.

I've been sick, sore, and achy.  Emotional, anxious, and stressed...  but above all, I have been BLESSED with the most amazing gift I could ever ask for.  I haven't met her yet.  I haven't kissed her sweet face, or grasped her small fingers, or smelled her sweet newborn baby aroma that every baby magically has, but I am so looking forward to each of these memories.  I'm looking forward to holding her for the first time, to laying with her, to bringing her home and have her see her room (even though right now it's a disaster but hopefully won't be that way for long).

David and I set up the crib tonight. Well, not completely.  We are almost done.  We spent 2 hours moaning and groaning trying to put the darn thing together before he had to go to a meeting and we still  didn't get it done in time!  The whole time we were setting it up, I couldn't help but imagine her in it.  This is going to be her bed for many years to come; her sanctuary and peaceful place for sleeping.  It will be the crib she sleeps in after lavendar baths, bedtime stories, and devotionals.

I imagine her blue eyes and her blonde, curly hair (David and I have similar features so I am assuming these things, naturally) & imagine how she will laugh and sound when she starts saying baby words.
I wonder what her first word will be, and what she will be wearing when she takes her first steps.  Will she be a natural musician?

I just can't wait to meet this precious little girl, and the more I type, the more excited I get!
This is such an amazing time in my life and I'm looking forward to becoming a mommy.  It's what I have desired my whole life.  Sometimes I pushed it deep down and told myself otherwise, but it has always been my biggest dream.
We will meet you soon, Eden Noelle. ♥

          

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shaylee! I hope you've been enjoying your time with your daughter! I just have a quick question about your blog! My name is Heather and if you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete