Tuesday, March 1, 2011

car crash.

Yesterday was an awesome day. I had a great day with Brandy and Chandler. I took them to the park, and then down the road where chickens wander the area. I took some pictures but haven't had time to edit them yet so they will be up on my next post.

My day changed on the way to Bingo rehearsal last night I got into a car accident.
Two cars in front of me was a sudden stop. The car in front of me slammed on their brakes, inches away from hitting the car in front of them. They said they were prepared for what would happen next-me hitting them. Which is exactly what happened. I was aware of what was happening but I had a few seconds to react. Slamming on my brakes didn't give me enough time to completely stop the vehicle.

I'm fine, they were fine... and I have to say, I'm so thankful for their reaction. They were gentle, kind and patient. They kept making sure I was okay even though their car was in bad shape and my car didn't get quite as much damage. My car still won't drive, though. Something was leaking and my tires ended up locking up (no air bag went off and I am very thankful for that... I don't want to get hit in the face with one of those EVER). I didn't get a citation or anything like that.

My car is currently in a towyard waiting for the insurance adjuster to get there. We'll see what happens. I'm praying and believing that our insurance won't skyrocket now. We cannot afford that at all right now with David looking for work and with me only working 30 hrs a week.

I'm thankful I'm still alive... I could have gone into the oncoming lane where a semi was (and in my first reaction, that's where I was heading. But I hit the car before I completely got in that lane). God has protected me twice now in accidents. He has a plan for me.

My neck is a little sore today. My father in law is encouraging me to get it checked out. I think that's probably a good idea.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment