Saturday, September 17, 2011

all my hats (confusion).

I am a woman of many hats.

I know how to do so many things, and I can do them well, but I haven't mastered any of them yet.
I don't think I'm suppose to have anything mastered considering my age.
Plus, I know that the most successful people in life don't view life differently once they've been successful - they continue to work at it and perfect their craft...

But, still, where do I fall? What do I do with my life? I've just been a little discouraged lately because I haven't heard God on this yet. I don't know what direction I am suppose to go, so in the meantime I'm just living my life day to day. But I'm not getting any younger, am I? And one day I'd like to be able to support my family, I'd like to be able to have a house with a yard, to have a career I love and believe in.

I'm a planner. I like to plan my life. This is why I know God has been more silent regarding this issue.
When I met David and started to fall for him, I immediately took it to God.
"God," I prayed, "If this man is not the one for me, just take him away and out of my life. I don't want to be in another heartbreak if this doesn't work out. I don't want to play any games."
After I prayed that, David started to pursue me MORE and spoke about what God was speaking to him, and it became clear that God wasn't going to take him away. That's how I knew my husband was the one God had intended for me to marry.

Almost every decision I've made in my life (though I have not had too many) I heard God in it. But when it comes to my career... I haven't. And I don't know when I'm going to.

And the dilemma is should I take the leap and just pursue what I want to pursue or do I wait on God to be sure?


Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord.

*Sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I would pray about it!
    Proverbs 19:21
    Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it takes years to get answers and you only discover them after they had occurred. Sometimes they come from others in your life. You probably will get the answers later when you least think about it. You may have many pursuits as you age and as circumstances change.I love that you have dreams. Don't ever let them fade.
    Love ya!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete