Monday, September 19, 2011

weight loss goal for 2012.

Hello! I know I've been writing a TON - it feels so good to just release all my thoughts and energy onto a little white html box. :-)

For the last few months, I have been addicted to processed foods. I could literally eat chips for breakfast, and then wonder why I felt so tired throughout the day. I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world so I also really started loving things I've never liked in my life, like cake. I can't describe to you the toll these things have taken on my body. I may not look like I'm obese, but on my BMI chart, I am. And I felt it, too.

As some of you may have seen (from what I posted on facebook) I am going on a DISNEY CRUISE in February with David's family! It's going to be amazing - I'm sure the majority of the time I will be watching the Broadway-quality shows! But I also know I'm going to want a cute, toned body so I can wear a cute bathing suit and not feel self conscious. Confidence is always nice. Good health is also extremely important and I know this.

Anyway, one week ago I made a goal and wrote down where I want to be week-by-week, giving myself challenges when I get to certain weights, and also little bits of motivation. I wanted to share with you all what my goal is! By mid-February (5 months from now) I am going to lose 40 pounds. That's 8 pounds a month/2 pounds a week.

What I've changed is I try to stay away from all refined processed foods and sugars, I have put in about two/three servings of fruits and veggies a day (I know it's still not enough, but it's a start) and I still eat dairy and wheat, just in moderation. I've been drinking a lot of water but that's nothing new for me.
Also just have been trying to THINK active - if it's a nice Saturday, like it was this Saturday, am I going to sit around or should I go on a bike ride? My sis-in-law and I chose to ride bikes for a few miles. I'm a huge advocate of Jillian Michaels. Her workouts WORK in as little as a few days. You can literally feel your muscles starting to form and break through the fat in a little amount of time. So I have started the 30 Day Shred, again. I also love Zumba and Spinning and I take both of those at the YMCA.

I'm happy to report I've lost 2 and a half pounds this week, so I made my first weekly goal!
The way I'm going to stay with my long-term goal is I'm going to think about the cruise whenever I want to quit. In my whole life I don't remember ever feeling confident enough to wear a bikini. So I'd like to buy my first bikini in February as a sign of accomplishment. I also am going to look at pictures of myself when I felt the most happy and confident with my weight, and that's when I lost 20 pounds for my wedding two years ago.
Before - July 2009:
July 1st july 1st
After - October 2009:
Sep 1st september 1st

That was the most dramatic weight loss I've ever been through, and that was only 20 pounds. Now, I'm doubling that amount and I've set goals small enough to where it will be realistic to get to a HEALTHY, happy weight.

Thanks for your support through this. If you are also thinking about losing weight, please leave a comment or tell me on facebook and we can lose together! It's always nice having a good support team during something as challenging as weight loss. I will keep you updated!


Here are some of my favorite pictures (don't have enough time o make them the same size):


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Shaylee, to me you are beautiful at any weight because beauty comes from the inside. But, having said that - and meaning it from the very depths of my heart - I want you to know that I hear what you are saying, and that I understand it very clearly since I have walked many, many miles in similar shoes. I will support you in any way you need. I will listen without judging, applaud when you reach your little goals and understand when you don't. I will pray for you because everyone needs self-confidence and self-esteem. I will ALWAYS love you - unconditionally - and I will even buy you the most beautiful bikini I can find. Not because I need to see you in it, but because you do.
    The following scripture has helped me through difficult fasts and seemingly hopeless "diets": Job 23:12 I have not departed from the commands of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread.
    Plus - there is nothing to equal how good you feel and how good you feel about yourself when you know you are eating all healthy foods.

    ReplyDelete