Friday, November 4, 2011

to cherish.

 I just gotta smile.
Photobucket
Well... it's one of those days.  The days where all you do is look at blogs on the internet and do all the things you've always wanted to do but haven't had time to, like read a book or something (or maybe that's just me).

The other day David told me he wasn't feeling well; in fact, he lost his voice and has since been whispering everything he says (which is worse for his voice, but don't get me started there).  Well, the other night I wanted to cuddle.  I mean, we are married, c'mon! So as we were laying in bed I put my head on his chest and kissed him.

Wrong move.

Yeah, apparently you can catch your husband's sickness if you lay next to him.
Who woulda thought?


I took today off from work, or more like I was told to.  Nobody wants you to take care of their children when you're sick.  It probably has something to do with the fact that they would get sick, too.

I hope you are enjoying this sarcasm as I blow my nose every 5 seconds and think about what I should eat.  I'm also pretty sure I'm dehydrated.  For those that know me well, I can be stubborn beyond belief and today is no exception.  We, scratch that, I do not drink Florida faucet water.
I'm sorry if this makes me sound like Paris Hilton, but, really, I just don't go there.  We ran out of bottled water this morning so now I am sitting here parched.  And I'm too lazy to get up and drive a half of a mile to the store to get more, okay? It's just one of those days.  Sue me.  We also don't have a water filter so if you'd like to send one our way, I'll be happy to give you my mailing address!




----------------------------




Crazy Halloween makeup pictures from a haunted house I was in:
Photobucket
I was the scary looking creature at the end of the tunnel.  I had some very good screams coming from that tunnel, but some of the kids were being complete punks and decided to keep coming around and picking on me.  They acted all tough, but as soon as I started to slowly walk toward them, they took off running!  It was good to have that power for one day. ;-)

Photobucket
In my black cape before it went down!


I ended up working on Halloween again this year.  It's not where I wanted to be, but hey, I was able to earn money and finally tell Canon to fix and send me my lens that broke back in September.  This is exciting!  David wonders why I can't take pictures with the standard lens.  (Ummm... because that's not the best, and I want the best!) I've had several people ask me to take Christmas pictures this year and I am very excited to do it.  Now that my lens is being shipped back, I can do it!  So, if you're reading this right now and you are thinking you would like pictures taken, let me know! I would love to do them.  I also still consider myself to be starting out so my prices are pretty much non-existant.  Who doesn't want close-to-free photos, right?
Photobucket
A fun collage of some of my favorites I have taken throughout the years for your viewing pleasure

I'm very excited we are already into November.  Our wedding anniversary is this Monday, and I think we are celebrating on Sunday. I don't even know if David is planning anything.  Hopefully he is and that's all I have to say about that.  But two years.  Feels like longer,  yet time has flew by.  It's very hard to explain, but I'm excited for what's ahead.  The last 24 months have been very hard, but I think adjusting to life and culture here in Florida has been a big portion of that.

As Maroon 5 says,
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies
It's compromise that moves us along"
Hm, isn't that the truth?  Still, though, I try to cherish all that I have here.  I say try because I'm a woman and a realist at that -- I see things for how they are.  And though I have my happy days, there are also trying days where my heart aches to go home and build a life in the land I love the most.  But in those moments I must turn my focus to all the good things ahead, and the things right in front of me.  David and I are homeowners, we have two cars completely paid off, we have jobs (though they may not be steady, they have given us what we need),  we have David's family here, and we have each other.  We are immensely blessed and God has given us all we need during this stage of our lives.

And I also just gotta say that I am completely cherishing the fact that both David and I are laying down right now, resting.  There are so many couples out there who work nonstop to pay the bills, and we have not had to do that quite yet.  I work Monday-Sunday, but I don't bust my butt, you know?  What I do for a living is fun - I get to work with kids and play with them, and in my spare time I get to sell products I love.

And although David did lose his job at the church we were serving/attending over a month ago, we are trying to remain positive.  It wasn't like the last time we left a church, and because of the first experience, we knew how to handle it better with God's help. We have clung to each other in support. Right now we aren't part of a church family.  We have been attending different churches every week getting fresh perspective.  Each church we go to has a few friends we know, and we are always meeting new people.  It's been nice.

These are good days.  And one day, we are going to miss them.

But for now we are going to cherish them.



----------------------
For those who have been trying to subscribe to my blog but it has not let you, just know that you are eligible to win the fall bundle giveaway iffff....
You are active commenter and supporter of the page!  I will be announcing the winner next week so don't forget to come back!  What could you win??

The Fall Bundle:


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Shaylee I love you. Without you half my life would not be documented. You are precious in His site and mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shaylee yer blog is sweet. <3 dotto

    ReplyDelete