Tuesday, September 7, 2010

new discovery

This has been a good weekend, for several reasons.

It could have been the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin left burning on our living room table.
Or the fact that we bought that candle and Cranberry Woods for the price of one...


The sun is starting to adjust its brightness and heat, the air is less muggy, and the other day while driving to work gong 60 mph, the trees surrounding me were dumping piles and piles of leaves on top of my Kia. And right then I knew it was God sending His love my way. In the moments where I feel so not at home, He sends me a quick reminder that beauty may not be in the big things, but the smaller things. Everyday is a new realization of this for me.

On Saturday, David took me to Historic Sanford. It's only a short drive from our house and I was surprised I had never been before. We went antique shopping and bargain shopping. The area of town is very artsy and definitely has a creative streak I haven't seen in the Orlando area before. It was like fresh inspiration for me when I walked in to each shop with beautiful, custom, one-of-a-kind paintings.
Each work of art is so unique, so well-thought, and each artist took time tediously putting the details together to make a work of out.
The paint on the buildings also had a way of standing out with bold and bright hues. Each building has been there for over a hundred years! It is definitely a place I would recommend to photographers.
Photobucket
(I fell in love with this)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We were told to go eat at "Two Shrimps and a Blonde." And when I heard the words SHRIMP BURGER, I was all in. They packed shrimp together and fried it and topped citrus celery on top with tomato and lettuce. It was so good. :-)
The restaurant was adorable with a cozy "nook" area in the window.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh, and look at this little guy that we found when we left the restaurant:
Photobucket


There is a spiral staircase that has been there since the late 1800's. It was aged and rustic, and behind the staircase you could see plants growing up the wall. We were told this staircase has been used for many photoshoots. We had to go there.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I love new discoveries and finding new destinations.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Especially with my husband.
And guess what today is?
2 months until our 1st anniversary.
I can't wait to see what the future holds.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh your pix are sooo good!!! i want you to take my pics. Soon please???

    ReplyDelete