Wednesday, September 29, 2010

the ocean is the residence of flipper.

I just wish there was proof that it's now Autumn.
How strange it has been to go outside and still have it be hot, humid, with bugs everywhere. No leaves changing, no crisp smells, no pumpkin patches... only love bugs.
That's right. Love bugs. These little critters are getting on my last nerve. They were created for, well, nothing. They were suppose to be created to kill mosquitoes but some scientists messed up and now they are all stuck together and fly around and fly into my windshield while I'm driving down the road. They also like to mate in my hair when I'm outside. It's just lovely.

What weird things they are.

David and I just got done watching a movie together and enjoyed a night to relax. Tonight we were also able to get together with our friends Rachel and Jose. They are getting married in December and I loved talking with them. Weddings are so exciting for me. I would love to be a wedding planner/coordinator. It's something I'm really considering and praying about. I love to help, to plan, to listen, I'm good with color, and I love family.

Last week we had our good friend Aaron stay with us.
When people ask how we've met, they are surprised to find out we actually met him at a "club." Ha ha... this kid. At a club??
Photobucket
Photobucket

Okay, maybe it wasn't a club. It was more like an outdoor restaurant with booming music and wild teens. It was 2009 in Miami on Spring Break. We met through a mutual friend and both David and I clicked with him right away. He and David kept the laughs going all week long.

We even had a night where we enjoyed great company with Aaron, Katherine, and Daniel.
We were able to Skype my best friend Bethany from her "castle" in Germany.
I experimented with a recipe I found that called for substituting cauliflower for potatoes to make mashed potatoes. It was yummy, and I think everyone loved it!
Photobucket
Photobucket
my husband pigging out
Photobucket
Photobucket
thank you, katherine, for snapping away :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And we of course played the best game in the world:
Photobucket
Photobucket

We had a blast with you, Aaron!
Photobucket

The recipe I found for my Apple Crisp (it's really simple, and I'm sure yummy):
Photobucket
Apple Crisp

8-10 McIntosh Apples, pared and sliced
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick butter
Cinnamon, to taste (I use alot because we love cinnamon)

Pare and slice apples and scatter in a pie plate. In another bowl mix all other ingredients. Sprinkle this mixture over apples, making sure all the apples are covered. Cook in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes. Cool and enjoy! May be served with vanilla ice cream.


I resisted. Look, I know I only live once, and that's exactly why I wanted to stay away.
For too long I have been putting things in my body that aren't good for me - sugar, processed foods, etc. I want to treat my body well. I don't want to look back 40 years from now and regret the choices I made.
I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and feel like I'm going to die. How is that for being honest?
Jillian Michael's sure knows how to kick my butt.

Bath and Body Works
This is just a very random post, but I love working at Bath and Body Works because:
1. I get free things, just 'cause.
2. I smell fanastic every night I leave from there.
3. I know all the deals, promos, etc.

Right now we are selling mini lotions of our brand new fragrance SECRET WONDERLAND for $1.00.
We are also selling the body sprays of that fragrance for $2.00.
The fragrance is sweet, flirty, but also a good winter fragrance.


GIVEAWAY: From October 1st through November 30th any comment you leave on my blog will qualify you for a drawing. The drawing will be for a Bath & Body Works body spray (a $10.50 value). All you have to do is follow my blog in October/November and make sure to comment.
Some of my favorite bloggers do giveaways. I think they are a blast. :-)


Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Shaylee!!

    What a wonderful idea to do a give away! I love Bath & Body Works. I actually applied there and sadly enough I wasn't cool enough to get hired there. Go figure. Lol There is this other flavor over there that just came out with that I'm obsessed with! I just can't think of the name of it. Miss you! *hugs* Love the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple crisp looks delish! I'm going to try it next week and I'll let you know how it turns out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete