Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturdays are good.

I really don't know what to say.
Truth is, I haven't written a post in some time because I've been dreading it.
There are just too many pictures I have to edit, resize, and post for having poor internet connection. I don't know how bloggers do it (ahem... Kelle Hampton, Ms. I-Post-A-New-Blog-Post-Every-3-Days.)

So where to start?
Colorado was grand, as I'm sure you already knew I was going to say.
I missed the people, the smells, the sights, the feeling of home - there really is not anything greater than those things. But with hellos come goodbyes, and that truly was hard for me to do.

I know that Colorado doesn't define who I am, but for the last 19 years of my life I conquered life there - the good times and bad. It seems impossible to seperate myself from that. I don't think I should have to, either, but there is a part of me that has to move on and detatch myself and realize that I live in Florida now and this is my new reality. Even if I don't always like it, I have to make the best of it. I want to do everything with a grateful heart and I hate making David feel bad for moving me here. All of the emotions I've dealt with in the past year have really been taking a toll on me but making me stronger at the same time.
I can see the good in this. But truthfully, not always.
And I don't ever want to start being fake, to put up a mask over my face and act like I'm okay when I'm not. I force myself to be honest with what I'm going through, because if I didn't... well, I would more than likely be a very sad person, built up with anger and maybe even bitterness.

Fact: This past year was the hardest year of my life.
Even bigger fact: God isn't going anywhere.


I've been registering for college.
I can't describe how happy I am to learn more, meet new people, and go back to school. I've been longing for that ever since I left high school! This will be good for me. The current FAQ is what I'm going for. I have a few Majors I'm thinking of but I refuse to write them on a public website incase I change my mind, which I more than likely will because I literally have passion for EVERY subject... except Math. :)


Alright, rambling time over. Cue pictures.

My parent's 21st Anniversary Dinner
I dragged my siblings to help but to my surprise they were willing to cook for hours! Kiley served the adults asking frequently, "Can I get you anything else?" That immediately sent Jeremy and me into giggles every time.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Party Time
A group of my closest friends and family members came over for a day. The spread was pretty nice, too, I gotta admit. My best friend Holly (and her boyfriend Ian) make some mean enchiladas.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Yep, I'm always the shortest)

Kiley and Practicing for Baskeball Tryouts
I love the passion in my sister and I love how my brother mentors. He's making an impact in her life right now; I don't think either of them realize how much.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A walk on a gorgeous fall day
Fall is breathtaking in Colorado. It's the time of year when the air becomes less dry, more crisp. When you can smell firewood, aspen trees, and pine cones.
I soaked up this week.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Palmer Park Overlook
The go-to place for a view of the entire city of Colorado Springs.
At night, this is locally known as the place teenagers drive to for their um, "intimate" moments, if you know what I mean. But how beautiful is this view?
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

everyone have a safe halloween! I will be working so there won't be too much going on over here. :)

PST...if you comment on this blog, you may win a fragrance from Bath & Body Works. :) Winner will be announced November 30!

4 comments:

  1. Shaylee, I love your blog. Your pictures are beautiful, as always and your word are so honest and from the heart. I love that. And I love you. Be happy, my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. Colorado sweet Colorado :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures of Colorado! I'm so happy that you are going back to school. Believe me, it's a great feeling just being back.

    Just remember, Colorado is always in your heart and it will always be your "home." But you are living in Florida.. a dream a place where everyone wants to live. Count your blessings and feel lucky to be where you are. Besides it's not the place that really matters.. it's who you are with. You are with the love of your life. : ) Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shay, it's Jer. Good job once again.

    -Jer

    ReplyDelete