Friday, October 15, 2010

there's no place like home.

I'm home.
But it's hard to explain.
I know I don't belong here right now, that there is a reason God directed us to our salty palm-treed Florida, but I just want to come back. There is a peace and a wholeness I feel here that I don't feel there.
David and I still struggle somedays with trying to figure out why we moved in the first place, why we decided to pick up and move across the country to a place where we don't feel what we feel in Colorado. But then we have a peace over us. It's the soft touch of God saying, "My children, do you think I'm a God who makes mistakes? Do you think I don't know what I'm doing?"

I know He knows what He's doing, and I'm working on trusting and praising in the good times where life is uplifting and full of love, and in the hard times when I feel alone even though I'm living in a bigger city than I've ever lived in before.

Not going to lie, it's been a tough year.
For both of us, but especially me.
These past two days have been so fulfilling, though... I can't even describe!

DENVER
16th Street Mall, the smell of coffee shops, the free mall tram, the changing of leaves...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Represent!)
Photobucket
Photobucket


OLD CHICAGO
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Italian nachos, our weakness)

REUNITING WITH FAMILY
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(So, here's the deal with this picture: My grandma made this painting of David and I from our honeymoon. I loved it, but right after this picture my grandma said to look underneath it. When I did, it was a framed, more detailed version of the picture. It's beautiful! I will show you when we hang it in our room)

NEW LIFE WORSHIP
It was life fuel for our soul.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

GRACE AND MATTHEW
Two of my mom's daycare kids. They are too adorable!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

More things are happening here. Exciting things. Stay tuned. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I posted on here before but for some reason it wouldn't save it. Boo!! I just wanted to comment on your beautiful pictures (again!) I wish I could figure out how to take pictures like you. I can't wait to see the rest of the beautiful photos you took of Colorado!

    ReplyDelete