Monday, June 20, 2011

an eventful summer.

So it's been awhile since I last shared my life with you all. I feel like a lot of exciting things have been happening. Enough to keep me on my toes, anyway!
Here are a few highlights of June 2011 (Though it isn't over):

Pool Time with the HubbyI
Now that it's officially unbearable outside, all I want to do is lay out by the pool and soak in some rays. I can only lay out for so long, though, I'm a snowbird and I don't like the feeling of being sweaty (unless I'm working out).

Photobucket
Photobucket


New job, new Kids
Hollie saw me on care.com but it wasn't until she went on my blog that she decided she wanted to hire me as the nanny for her two boys, ages 2 and 10 months. See, blogging pays off!
Photobucket
How cute are they?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Summer Days, Backyard Pool Time
Brandy and Chandler love water. They have this cute little pool in their backyard and the other I filled it up and with water and watched them jump in over and over again!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Being with Friends
I've been doing a lot of this!! These particular photos are from a friend's graduation party! It was a blast reuniting with all the middle schoolers I use to help lead.




Don't forget the candid...
Photobucket
And the ones where you tickle a friend 1 second before the shutter closes...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




Winning an Award!
Saturday night was the award show for the IceHouse Theatre and I was invited to sing "Mr. Sandman," A song from the musical they're doing next season called the Marvelous Wonderettes. I was also nominated for Best Featured Performance in a musical (for Bingo). I couldn't believe when they said I won. You mean little shy and timid me??? Maybe I'm back!! :) I feel blessed.

Photobucket
Photobucket


Speaking of feeling better in my skin...
I've come to the realization that I can make my dreams a reality. These days there are so many resources to get your name out as a performer as the career is growing rapidly. Thus, there's a lot more competition but when have I let that get to me? I've had dreams brewing inside of me from a very young age, dreams that are near to my heart and that I can see so clearly. I know that if I pursue what God wants for me, then He will make the way for that.

That being said, David and I are going to Charleston in a month to audition for American Idol. I know it's hard to get in but we are going to try. We're also going to make a mini vacation of it to lessen my nerves and make the experience a more delightful one! I'm excited for that and am starting to prepare. I have 15-30 seconds to sing in front of the producers. If you have any songs you think would be great for that, let me know via facebook!!

Hope you have a GREAT week and are enjoying your eventful summer!

3 comments:

  1. Shaylee,

    I just want you to know how amazing of a photographer you are! I only wish I could take as half of good pictures as you can! : ) I absolutely love reading your blogs. It's an insight into your life that I really love reading about. I truely hope you and your husband do amazing at the American Idol auditions and that you get to continue on. Just have positive thoughts the whole time! I miss you!!! I haven't seen you in years but I'm just glad we can stay in contact like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! *side note* I really said amazing a lot in that comment. But it's true, you can insert oustanding, and other great words in that if you like! : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaylee, I am happy for you and it's great to see you doing these things! Your blogs are really, really, really fantastic! I do hope you make it to American idol! How cool and fun would that be! Just give it all to Jesus, your Creator who has His plans already set for you =)

    ReplyDelete