Friday, January 13, 2012

hello, 2012.

I never thought it would come, but it's here at last.  2012!
When 2011 rolled around last year, I felt God was really stirring one word on my heart: Change.
I believe that was a word that could not have been more far from perfect.
A lot of changes happened.  My second post of the year was all about change, ironically enough.
I touched on it back then:  I've never been a huge fan of change.  I'm a very grounded, loyal person so sudden, spontaneous and quick things don't always boil over real well with me.
But as we went through a few bumps in the road in 2011--together--I became so much more of who I am meant to be, someone who has strength to stand in all aspects of life and it's wild journey.  I learned that true strength doesn't need to be buried underneath.   True strength is found in the Lord, and He has never left my side.

The bad things: We lost a few jobs, David's childhood dog passed away,  endless car troubles, a car crash, many tonsil related illnesses, losing my keys on a roof,  insecurities and fears, a friend who passed away, and a few other little issues here and there.  What felt like a really bad year is actually not so bad when I say the good things.

The good things: Visited New Smyrna beach many times, Miami, Colorado twice.  Went to Disney World... we auditioned for American Idol in Charleston and I auditioned for the voice in Orlando!  Went to Georgia for the first time. I turned 21 years old and had an amazing Princess-themed birthday party.  I got a part in my first musical in three years, and started performing again all around Orlando, had my very first paying photography gig, and we sang at our first wedding together. My best friend Beth came and visited us for a few weeks. I flew to Wyoming to be with my grandparents on their special 50th anniversary. We flew to Texas to see my brother graduate from Air Force BMT.  Went to a Taylor Swift concert and it reignited my love for music, and then I went to NEW YORK! MY FIRST TIME EVER!

When I compare the good with the bad, it is obvious to see which one triumphs.
Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful year of change, and I can't wait to see what is in store for 2012.  What will the theme be this year, eh?

-Shaylee



No comments:

Post a Comment