Monday, January 30, 2012

the green & teal living room.


A lot of people find it totally unacceptable to have a green & teal living room.  But I say "Break the rules!"
This room is not done yet by any means, this is just a preview!  I am going to attempt (key word: attempt) to paint a few canvases to hang on the walls.  I also want a frame art wall so I am deciding what it is going to look like. Also, baseboards/windowsills will be Antique White.   When this is all done we will probably be ready to move and then we'll have to paint over it!  :)


My sis-in-law gave me the bird cage clipboard for Christmas and I absolutely adore it!  I also really love the curtain on this window--I got it on clearance at Pier 1!


Love the coasters!  My friend Laura Himschoot painted them.




It's hard to get the true color of the wall in pictures.  These are the walls where I will be hanging my own art.  Would really love to put in contrasting colors like purples, reds, and pinks.


The table lamps are the next to go.


Centerpiece for Kitchen table.



At first we didn't know how we felt, but now we are really starting to love it.
Tell us what you think!  Would you paint your living room bright colors?

3 comments:

  1. It's looking so good Shaylee! Makes me want to redo my condo! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would paint my house bright and bold colors if it went with my theme. I'm really into having moose and bears all over my house. So I don't think bold would be the best choice for me. So I have a lot of different browns, green, and other colors. I do love your creativity though!! You should think about investing in a cricut machine. You could make a lot of amazing things for your house with that machine. Whether it's paper craft or even vinyl!

    ReplyDelete