Friday, April 15, 2011

life's a beautiful thing.

Man, oh man do I take life for granted sometimes.
I take my health for granted, my relationships... all of it.
Sometimes I can spot it right away and snap myself back if my husband hasn't already, yet other times it's a rebirth of mind after I hear an inspirational story or hear of a tragedy (or even a miracle).

I don't have much to say, I'm just inspired by two amazing people on this Friday night: Bethany Hamilton and Aron Ralston. Both of their stories are now made into motion picture films (Bethany with "Soul Surfer" and Aron with "127 Hours") and, ironically, I saw both today without planning to. In case you aren't familiar with the stories, Bethany lost her left arm in a shark attack while surfing, Aron lost his right hand when he was climbing a mountain in Utah and a 800-pound boulder fell on his arm, forcing him to break his bones and cut off his arm so he could free himself.

It's amazing what a testimony of someone's faith and courage in the midst of tough times, or death, can do to a person. And it makes me wonder, did those two awful things happen to those two for a reason? God is a loving God, and He wants the best for us, yet terrible things happen.

The way I look at it is that both of these people grew tremendously from the experience, and the experience gained attention nationwide... allowing for their situations to become movies - picture stories - to share with the world, so we all could be a little more encouraged. I don't know if either of them would change what happened to them. They wouldn't be the person they are today without it...

Life is a beautiful thing. And I know I've had a lot of posts about this lately, but it really is a stage of my life where it's sinking in deep. My minutes here on earth mean something. I mean something, you mean something.

Please don't forget how important your story is because every minute counts - it's all a part of YOUR testimony.


Here's a great video of Bethany, if you want to check it out:
http://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/bethany-hamilton/

1 comment:

  1. We are reminded this Sunday of the mysterious and unique reason for life. God offfers us the only hope which is in Jesus. When our very soul yearns for God, we need to worship Him and take up His cause daily to show others His HOPE. Life is very short; use it as He wants you to. Have expectations trusting God to act in His good timing under every circumstance, for what's best, proving who He is.

    Love ya,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete