Monday, April 25, 2011

reuniting and other thoughts.

I'm writing this with anticipation and excitement because my best friend, Bethany, will be here tomorrow! The last time we saw each other was January 2010 when David and I planned a surprise trip to Colorado for New Years. I've been to Colorado two times since then, but both times she was in Germany doing missions stuff. Being far from all my close family and friends, I've kind of gotten use to seeing them as giant pixels on skype. But, deep down, there is still loneliness. Not always, but it's there. It is safe to say that I feel like I'm just starting to build friendships that I think will last, and I've lived here for 18 months now! It's so hard. Just a few years ago this probably would have been as easy task for me. I was much more confident then, much more outgoing and friendly. I was comfortable. But, like I've said in previous posts, I'm not the same person because I've grown and my life is completely different now. I still have my roots and in the core I'm the same, but sometimes I get aggravated at how introverted I am. I wonder why I can't be like David, freely moving in the crowd talking to anyone with no inhibitions. I hope I'm that person one day...

So, tomorrow starts the beginning of two weeks of pure awesomeness. Bethany is a great photographer, storyteller and cook... what more could I ask for? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment