Wednesday, October 24, 2012

17 weeks/my due date has changed.

Yesterday (I say "today" in the video because I filmed it yesterday and was planning to post it then, but decided to post it today instead) I went in for a checkup at my Physician's Office. Here are all of the updates so I don't forget with my pregnancy Alzheimer's:
 -Took a while to detect a heartbeat with the doppler since baby was very active and moving around
-Heart rate was 160 BPM (If you don't know anything about baby heartbeats, that means that it was very fast, but healthy)
-I still haven't gained a single pound, but that's to be expected with my loss of appetite
-Doctor/Midwife said that if all I can eat is sugary foods, that's perfectly okay
-She also checked my stomach and said my uterus is definitely growing at a healthy rate and I don't have to worry about baby. She also thinks it's a girl, but we will see in about 2-3 weeks!

Other updates I forgot to say in the video:
-We did our first Hospital tour the other night. For years I've had my heart set on delivering at a Birthing Center, but with our insurance it is actually cheaper to deliver at a Hospital. This Hospital is so nice, though! The rooms are not typical. They hide all the scary machines behind pictures and only use them if you want drugs or there are complications. The rooms have dim lighting, an aromatherapy burner, a CD player/iPod dock so you can play music, a refrigerator with drinks. Each room has a jacuzzi tub, but women can only labor in them, not deliver... so I'm deciding if this is the path I want to take. I was hoping to have a water birth. I am completely pro-natural, unmedicated when it comes to my "birth plan" and nobody's opinions are going to stop me or talk me out of it (that's for another video).

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to hear you say that you are completely for a natural birth and are wanting a water birth!!! Not a lot of ladies our age are even considering things like that. Good for you! I hope you are able to have the birth experience that you want!!! I unfortunately was a high-risk pregnancy due to my hypothyroidism and was unable to find a birth center in my area that would allow me the opportunity of birthing outside of a hospital. But I had a great OB that gave me everything I wanted even though I was in a hospital. What hospital did you tour? The only one I've been to in Orlando was Winnie Palmer because my niece was born at 23 weeks gestation and spent her first 3 months of life there. Sorry if I'm rambling. Babies are my thing. Tell me your pregnant and I can't shut up. Lol. And as far as due dates go, they drive me nuts. At best, they are an educated guess. They changed mine two or three times over the course of my pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete